What is Spiritual Healing?
Spiritual Healing works to find and heal the hidden spiritual, psychological, emotional, and energetic aspects of disease, while also treating the physical aspects with conventional Western methods.
Standard Western medicine monitors the process of healing throughout the treatment and measures data such as tumor size or cell counts and blood chemistry. The patient is always under the care of his/her physician and closely watched during their healing process. This helps the patient see the impact of the treatments and shows how their individual healing has progressed over time. It is a measurable form of medicine that is used in response to ailment and disease, and addresses the physical body’s healing process.
Additional treatments such as chemotherapy and other traditional therapies can still be used, and in fact complement the Spiritual Healing process. Holistic medicines, including homeopathy, Chinese medicine, and other traditions also work synergistically with Spiritual Healing. The patient and their provider can choose whichever system of medicine they wish to pursue.
No matter what system of healing they choose, they can benefit by learning to purify the inner stresses, emotions, thoughts, and experiences underlying their disease. Going to the root of the ailment and where it causes suffering can be transformative, and heighten the effectiveness of any existing treatment plan.
Healing Cancer with Spiritual Healing
Dr. Jaffe tells of an incredible story where a patient with cancer was able to find miraculous healing through the Spiritual Healing method, as follows…
Many years ago, while working with a man who had malignant melanoma, one of the most aggressive and untreatable forms of cancer, I learned the following lesson:
In order to bring forth healing two master principals needed to be addressed…
- Purification of one’s internal blocks and issues.
- The return to God within one’s self.
First, one has to find, transform, and purify the hidden issues within the subconscious self that are related to the disease or illness. Emotions such as hidden anger, fear, and loss must be resolved and walked through. The next step is to understand the negative beliefs that affect the illness, and let them go. Finally the hidden memories, stored as images and experiences within the inner world of the person, need to be uncovered and transformed into something that benefits the individual.
Purification alone often leads to healing. However, in more advanced forms of disease – especially cancer – it isn’t always completely effective. The tumor may change shape but does not always leave.
To have complete healing, I found that a second piece is needed. The person needs to return to God, so that the light of God can descend and transform the illness itself. This can occur after one re-establishes a relationship to the love and light of the Divine Presence. This is independent of religion and works within all belief systems and spiritual traditions. When one returns to God, it brings forth deep and significant change of serious disease.
One has to return to the presence of God, open to its light and love, and be willing to listen and surrender to God’s will, which they will learn to hear. I call this bowing. When the purification of the issues and bowing occur together, this is when the most significant healing of serious disease, especially with cancer and other life threatening illnesses.
When this man with melanoma bowed to God, after he had purified his issues, he had a dream where the angels came to him and removed the tumor. When he woke up he looked in the mirror and saw that the tumor had disappeared overnight. He had a true miracle! He then went on to research spontaneous remission of cancer in his city and found 50 living cases, which he interviewed. Interestingly enough, in all 50 cases the recipe of purifying one’s issues and returning to God had occurred.
I have found that, more often than instantaneous healing, healing occurs in a step after step manner. Slowly, day after day, as purification occurs and faith and the return to God is established. Healing occurs in a gradual way and remission of disease is seen.
Finally, for the most effective results, I have found that when the bowing and the purification were brought together along with a supportive physical system such as conventional or complementary medicine, and/or some other forms of physical healing often we would get the best results in healing.
The comprehensive system of Spiritual Healing includes the following:
1. Western medicine/complementary medicine: Western medicine and or complementary medicine is used to monitor and evaluate the healing process and support it as needed with such things as antibiotics, conventional medicines, chemo, surgery and other treatment when needed. There are many forms of complementary medicine, which work well with the other aspects of the Spiritual Healing method.
2. Nutrition and diet: Nutrition and diet are carefully monitored so that chemicals are not introduced to the body, and good wholesome foods are the mainstay of the individual’s diet. The individual’s body is given a respite from toxic food, water, air, etc., giving it a chance to transform and to and reactivate the immune system for healing.
3. Spiritual purification: Spiritual purification of the hidden issues, emotions, beliefs and inner experiences is done so that the inner being becomes clean, whole, and happy. Stress disappears and peace returns within the individual, along with an understanding of the teaching of the disease.
4. Bowing to God: The individual returns to the presence of God, where the light and power of God is welcomed to transform the ailment. Then the support and healing power of God is received in the form of healing.
5. The spiritual teaching: The individual learns to see that disease actually comes as a gift, to help them learn spiritual lessons. Dr. Jaffe has his own experience with this very teaching, as described below:
When Dr. Jaffe lost his sight and was blind he discovered that he was unwilling to see certain inner aspects of his being. Once he learned this lesson of sight, his true eyesight literally returned in minutes, after almost a year of blindness!
When all of these principles are applied to the individual, and often to their families as well, dramatic healing is frequently seen. (In cases of children’s illnesses it is always necessary to heal the family.)
Spiritual Healing is a process of transformation that is easy to learn, fulfilling to apply, and can bring immediate results and lessening of the symptoms of many illnesses.
Spiritual Healing is a combination of these five points of healing brought together under the principles of Sufism. Sufism addresses each person’s relationship to the world, God and to each other, from the perspective of love, unity and oneness. By seeing and understanding that all things are reflections of the beauty of God and that all experiences are here to teach us about the presence of God within ourselves, we can see life as a wonderful journey full of love that is here to help us grow.
The principles of Sufism can be integrated within all religions, paths and traditions because all essentially are about the growth of the spirit, establishing love, and the return to oneness.