University of Sufism (UoS) | Year 4 Ministry
January 11, 2020 - January 16, 2020
Once the journey to God is complete, the journey in God begins. In the Spiritual Ministry and Healing major, we explore the infinite journey in God. It provides the foundation for living a life with God in the world.
Students learn the principles of love as a transformative power; how to care for yourself, the earth and others, moment by moment. Ceremonies and healings for major life transitions, such as births and weddings, illnesses, natural disasters and death are addressed.
Course work includes practicum and research in orphanages, hospices, children’s hospitals and centers, relief efforts, sustainable agriculture enterprises and green and natural building eco-villages.
We explore the inner and outer dimensions of the perfect servant of God, Insan-al-Kamal, the angels and the jinn, female spirituality in Islam, the inner meaning of Islamic rites and the spiritual significance of the Qur’an.
“The experience deepened my healing skills, my walking on our Sufi path, and especially my closeness to Allah.” – C.D.
Curriculum topics include:
- Love as a transformative power
- Healing in every moment – words that heal the heart, soothe the soul and uplift the spirit
- Inner and outer dimensions of Insan-al-Kamal
- Litanies for protection from illnesses & disasters
- The vision and nature of hope for the future
- God as Love and Light
- Death and the Barzakh
- The angels and jinn
- Female spirituality in Islam
- Spiritual significance of the Qur’an
- Inner meaning of Islamic rites
- The Life, Tradition and Sayings of the prophets