- This event has passed.
The Tawba Process Returning To Your Lord
October 14, 2014 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Start with an invocation: “bimillah, ar-rachman ir-rahim” or the Fatiha
- Identify the mistake to focus on, which may be an action, listening to inner voices, following self-limiting beliefs, emotional states, etc.
- These are all examples of the heart “turning away” from its witnessing of and connection to Allah.
- Be present with the mistake. Discern how the mistake lives in you, the effects it has on you. This could include discerning the effect the mistake is having on your body, your heart, your mind, your spirit, and your relationship with Allah.
- Allow yourself to experience regret and remorse.
- Allah opens the door to return through regret and remorse. To increase the sense of regret you may use Ya Allah Ya Tawab.
- Stop making the mistake.
- Set the intention to not repeat the mistake. Make this intention from your heart, not your mind.
- Ask Allah for help in fulfilling your intention. Ask Allah for forgiveness, healing and return.
- Locate the place in your heart in which the residue of the mistake resides and where you need help. Place your hand over that place.
- Bring recitations to the place under your hand.
- Three Dhikrs.
- La ilaha ill'allah.
- Astaghfirallah al-‘adhim.
- Astaghfirallah wa atubu ilayh.
- Continue to drop deeper, bringing the recitation to any places of constriction, need, pictures, emotions, etc. until your heart feels whole, peaceful, expansive or connected again to Allah.